Exercise during pregnancy & your overall physical fitness will be the key for good baby development and less painful labor. It will also help get back to your pre-pregnancy figure sooner.
Benefits of staying active during pregnancy
- Keeps your weight gain under check
- Reduced stress levels
- Reduced risk of gestational diabetes
- Better health for your baby
- Helps you get back to your pre-pregnancy weight sooner
Stretching, yoga and brisk walks can be a part of your daily routine. There are a lot of gyms and birthing centres that offer fitness classes exclusively for pregnant women that you can join. Joining such a class will give you the opportunity to meet other pregnant women. Practising the yoga postures in this article will help with easy child birth.
Also read : Pranayama for healthy pregnancy
Tips to stay active
If you have a busy schedule and unable to dedicate time to go to a fitness class you can consider
- Taking stairs & walking to the corner store for groceries
- Have walking meetings with your colleagues & walking chat sessions with friends
- There are lots of on-line videos for yoga & exercise that you can follow in the comfort of your home. If you feel dizzy or uncomfortable, stop immediately and ask for help
- Walk around the neighbourhood mall. It can be fun and still keeps the blood pumping
- Try and find a pregnancy buddy in your neighbourhood so the both of you can stay motivated