Whatever moms-to-be eat or drink not only affects their health but is also the main source of nourishment for the baby. Hence, it is important to consciously make healthy food choices that would help provide nutrients for the baby’s growth and development.
Stop Stressing About Weight Gain; Eat For Your Baby!
Most women wonder about the weight gain and body changes during pregnancy. Don’t stress yourself about the weight you are putting on instead concentrate on your and the baby’s health; and understand that weight gain over the months is actually healthy, and needed, for the proper growth and development of the baby. Eat what is required.
What to Eat During Pregnancy
You will find that in every trimester you need to consume some different kinds of foods or drinks; which is based on what nutrients your body essentially requires at that time, like –
- First Trimester – Take pre-pregnancy diet but add a few nutrients like iron and zinc.
- Second Trimester – Concentrate on intake of calcium, magnesium and vitamin-D
- Third Trimester – Take 200 extra calories and focus on calcium, fibre and vitamins.
Regardless of your current stage of pregnancy, the following foods would benefit a lot –
- Fruits and Vegetables – They high fibre content along with minerals and vitamins.
- Whole Grains – Source of energy, they also provide iron and important B-vitamins.
- Dairy Products – Turn to dairy products for calcium, protein and vitamin-D.
- Lean Proteins – Include protein sources; like beans, tofu, eggs, nuts and cheese.
What to Not Eat During Pregnancy
Though a lot of foods and drinks are completely safe to consume, there are certain items that you should restrict from your diet, like –
- Caffeine – Don’t completely stop consumption of caffeine (if you don’t want to) but limit it to fewer than 200 mg of caffeine per day.
- Fish with high level of mercury – Mercury is a toxic chemical that causes harm to the development of baby’s brain, kidneys and nervous system.
- Undercooked meat/eggs – These increase chances of infection and food poisoning.
How to make healthy choices this party season?
You can enjoy the holiday season, the way you want; going out with friends, attending parties or maybe even hosting one; however, the key is to maintain a healthy despite everything. This will ensure that you and your baby remain healthy. You should –
- Avoid eating out too much; go out but try to limit the outside food you consume.
- Take food from home or if you have to eat outside then choose something healthy.
- Strictly avoid consuming any kind of drink that contains alcohol or its traces.
- Don’t smoke and avoid coming in contact with people while they are smoking.
Simply follow these few steps to enjoy the holiday season. Check out Morph Maternity’s range of stylish and comfortable dresses that would make you look ready for any party!
Don’t worry, be happy; and enjoy this phase as much as possible!